In recent news, a report has suggested that the UK should introduce a three-day week for over-50s to help combat ageism in the workplac.. Meanwhile, Sainsbury’s has launched a new bridal collection with prices starting at just £22. Here’s what you need to know about these two stories.
Three-Day Week for Over-50s
The report, published by the Centre for Ageing Better, argues that a three-day week for over-50s would help to combat ageism in the workplace and provide a better work-life balance for older workers1. The report suggests that the three-day week could be phased in gradually, with workers reducing their hours over a period of time.Here are some of the potential benefits of a three-day week for over-50s:
- Combat ageism: A three-day week could help to combat ageism in the workplace by providing older workers with more flexible working arrangements.
- Better work-life balance: A three-day week could provide older workers with a better work-life balance, allowing them to spend more time with family and pursuing hobbies and interests.
- Improved health: A three-day week could help to improve the health of older workers by reducing stress and providing more time for exercise and other healthy activities.
However, there are also potential drawbacks to a three-day week for over-50s, including:
- Reduced income: A three-day week would mean a reduction in income for older workers, which could be a significant financial burden for some.
- Reduced productivity: A three-day week could lead to reduced productivity, as workers would have less time to complete their tasks.
- Increased workload for others: A three-day week could lead to an increased workload for other workers, who would have to pick up the slack.
Sainsbury’s Bridal Collection
Sainsbury’s has launched a new bridal collection, with prices starting at just £22.. The collection includes a range of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, and accessories, all at affordable prices.Here are some of the potential benefits of Sainsbury’s bridal collection:
- Affordable prices: Sainsbury’s bridal collection offers affordable prices for brides on a budget, with dresses starting at just £22.
- Range of sizes: The collection offers a range of sizes, from a UK 8 to 24, making it accessible to a wide range of brides.
- Variety of styles: The collection includes a variety of styles, from traditional wedding dresses to two-piece suits, allowing brides to find a style that suits their individual tastes.
However, there are also potential drawbacks to Sainsbury’s bridal collection, including:
- Limited selection: Sainsbury’s bridal collection is limited in terms of selection, with only a few styles available.
- Quality concerns: Some customers may have concerns about the quality of the dresses, given the low prices.